Pages

May 30, 2013

Praise the Lord, the end is near!

I woke this morning, saw my reflection in the mirror, and thought to myself, "Wow, I look pretty good!" Then I realized that the dark droopy circles that have been painted on my face for the last month, were hiding behind the puffy eyes I have today. I must say, the puffy eyes do tend to disguise my wrinkles, so I'll take it.

Well, we are winding our school year down here and we are very excited. Especially Teacher Mama! Bubby asked me the other day what I wanted to do with all my extra time this summer. I answered, enthusiastically, "Sleep!" To which he asked, "Are you going to hibernate?" No, but that's not a bad idea.


"LET'S COUNT IT DOWN!"

Yesterday marked the beginning of our 10 day countdown to summer. To kick things off, I made this bulletin board with a balloon to symbolize each day. The boys get to pop one balloon per day. Each balloon has a note inside, revealing a special surprise for that day. The surprises range from: school in the grass, game day with popcorn, ordering pizza for lunch, park day, baking cookies, a trip to the science museum, etc. The kids are excited to pop the balloons and it is helping us all keep the momentum going.

www.facebook.com/The.Caffeinated.Homeschoolista.

 

No comments: